The History of the National Bowling Association
TNBA "A Hard Road to Glory"
The National Bowling Association, Inc. is a non-profit corporation organized in August 1939, in Detroit, Michigan, for the express purpose of encouraging Blacks to develop their skills in the game of Ten Pins. It was originally known as the "National Negro Bowling Association"; because at the time of its birth, Blacks and other Non-Caucasians were not permitted to belong to ABC or WIBC; due to certain restrictive clauses in their constitutions. Since our membership included a large number of Asians, Hispanics, Native Americans and people of color other than Black; in 1944 our organization was renamed, "The National Bowling Association, Inc." We actively participated in the fight for "Equality in Bowling"; and in 1950, both ABC and WIBC removed the Non-Caucasian clauses from their constitutions. Since 1951, TNBA members have enjoyed the privilege of competing in all open sanctioned leagues and tournaments.
TNBA proudly stands behind its motto as a "Promoter of Sportsmanship, Fellowship and Friendship"
for more information click on the following link
TNBA National Officers
- President: Gregory P. Green
- Vice President: John Collins, Sr.
- Executive Secretary/Treasurer: Annette R. Samuel
- National Director of Tournaments: Angela Jones
How to Contact:
The National Bowling Association, Inc.
National Office Headquarters
9944 Reading Road
Evendale, Ohio 45241-3106
Phone (513) 769-1985
Fax (513) 769-3596